Market Research for Re-branding: A Case Study
Re-branding a New Zealand Fashion Label that Wholesale and Retails internationally
On the go? Listen to an audio recording:
Fashion Mania* used a brand for their marketing that was dated and polarising, with a strong and loyal customer base on one hand, and another set of people who would refuse to even walk into their shop. For future proofing and to gain a wider appeal, re-branding was a must. Marketing Minds’ task was to create a brand that would achieve these goals without alienating Fashion Mania’s existing clientele using market research and a sound implementation strategy.
What we did:
• Put in place a thorough re-branding schedule and internal and external communication plan
• Selected key suppliers to work on the re-branding project
• Project managed the re-branding from conception right through to the communication strategy with internal staff, partners and customers
• Worked with the creative agency to develop the logo, do market research and obtain internal agreement for the changes
• Organised the right PR, media, social media and creative teams and outlets for the brand launch
The outcomes of effective market research:
• Company wide and key stakeholder buy-in to the re-branding
• Successful launch and smoothly staged revealing of the brand
• Activation of internal ambassadors, key customers and partners that provided further exposure for the new brand
• Obtained extensive PR coverage and awareness for the brand at launch
*The Client’s name has been changed to protect the company’s identity.
If you want to find out more about branding and marketing, or if you have any other questions, call us at +64 9 634 4390, email email@example.com or contact us.
Enjoyed this article and want more? Sign up now to our marketing snippets!